Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Minor update

Just a minor update this time. Bathroom floor is completely tiled and I've replumbed all the pipes to suit the new suite. Of course like most things it took a lot longer than expected partly due to the fact we currently have no taps on any pipes coming from the tank in the loft. Add to that the fact that the shut off valve on the feed for the hot tank doesn't completely close off. Had to drain the cold tank via the hot tank using the kitchen hot tap. Then I managed to rig up an old bit of pipe from the shower onto the old bath taps to get the majority of the water out. Finally I went under the floor with me bucket and drained the rest when cutting the pipes.

I was very grateful for the pipe bending spring I bought on a whim one of the last times I ordered plumbing bits from screwfix as otherwise I would have had a problem getting the pipes round the back of the joist and up to the where the sink is going to go.

This is how its looking now (although it is level, just the camera operator (me!) that is at fault)

No comments:

Post a Comment