Monday, March 2, 2009

Things that lurk in the attic!

Now I'm not one to be easily scared (Ok maybe thats not entirely accurate!) but while up in the attic trying to figure out where all the leaks are I keep coming across dead wasps. So in the back of my mind I know they have to be coming from somewhere, probably not that far away. But what you cant see......

Anyway one day when feeling particularly brave I go looking for the source, turns out I dont have to look that hard as its kinda obvious:



Second picture is me in full biting/stinging insect protection gear cutting it out. Thankfully it is empty as the nice guy from the council told us it would be. Apart from the initial fear factor it was well worth doing and saving £120-odd :)

This is it afterwards - quite an amazing structure althuogh I'd rather not find them in my house!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes!!!!!!! what a task! Love the blog well done you! I will subscribe! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! We've not had problems with wasps (touch wood) but have had bumble bees in the roof one year. And a bees nest in the long gone privet in front of the house soon after we moved in.

    ReplyDelete